Real Cops        Real Crime        Real Advice               





Where do I go?  Information At-A-Glance!


Identify the corporate officers/registered agent of a licensed business.

Call the Secretary of State Corporation Division (in Illinois 312.793.3380)

Check the amount of official complaints received against a licensed business.

Call the Better Business Bureau (Illinois 312.832.0500). To find the Better Business Bureau in your area click on the link

Check the legitimacy of a business and file a complaint if you were ripped off.

Call your State Attorney Generals Office, Consumer Fraud Division (Illinois 312.814.3580 or link to: )

Having trouble with harassing/threatening telephone calls?

Call your local telephone Annoyance Call Bureau and file a police report as necessary.
In Illinois (Ameritech Customers) hang up after receiving the suspect call and use Call Trace. Call Trace can be activated by dialing *57 (1157 using a rotary dial phone) from the customer's home telephone, (only in areas where Call Trace is available in Illinois). A recorded announcement will give you further instruction.
Any questions call your local telephone company for services available. (Illinois/Ameritech 800.769.4099)

Online Directory with Reverse Lookup

Think You Have Been A Victim Of Mail Fraud?

Contact the U.S. Postal Inspectors Office to report possible mail fraud. Click on the link for reporting instructions


To report fraud occurring over the Internet

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice, and National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) created the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).
Call (800) 221-4424 or click on link


Check crime data in your community.

Some states have this info available on www, via state police yearly crime report.

Check with local police and see if they have an annual report available .

The Federal Bureau of Investigation maintains some national crime statistics on their web site. Click on to learn more.

Check to determine if any registered child sex offender resides in your neighborhood.

Some counties/cities have information available via www, check the availability.

Check with local police. In Illinois the law allows you to visit your local police dept. and show proof of who you are and request to see the Registered Sex Offender Log Book, listing the name and address of the child sex offender. Before you report to police station call first and verify the responsible officer is available.

The Illinois State Police maintains a database of registered sex offenders that can be viewed online. Click here to check

Check other records/statistics kept by law enforcement agencies.

Depending on the nature of request the information may not be available due to exceptions described by law to protect a police officer, victim, witness, juvenile, informant, and a pending investigation. Check with the authority/keeper of the records and they will direct you on how to obtain data if allowable. In Illinois an individual can file a Freedom of Information Request and wait for a response as prescribed by law (Illinois Compiled Statutes, Freedom of Information Act, ILCS Chapter 5, Act 140).
For more information check the www and locate the specific state statute that applies to your state or visit a library and find the most recent issue of your states Compiled Statutes and locate the Freedom of Information Act.

Check to see if someone has served time in prison:

The Illinois Department of Corrections maintains a web site where you can check a name to see if that person has served time in prison or is on parole. Click here to check: Illinois Department of Corrections - Inmate Search

You may also contact the federal or other state agencies. Some of the phone numbers are listed here:

Federal Bureau of Prisons - 202-307-3126, Indiana - 317-232-5716, Kentucky - 502-564-2433, Missouri - 573-751-8488


Looking for Somebody ?

ZABBASEARCH The #1 Free People Search and Public Information Search Engine


Missing Children, Runaways, Teens in Trouble

wpe1.jpg (2848 bytes)

Think you have spotted a missing or runaway child? Check the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's web site or call 1-800-THE-LOST.



Considering an Overseas Trip?

Check for TRAVEL WARNINGS issued by the U.S. Department of State before you go. The State Department identifies countries and regions that could pose a threat to Americans traveling abroad. Click on the globe to see the latest warnings before you go!

                                                   TR00262A.gif (1715 bytes)


National Do Not Call Registry.

You can reduce the number of unwanted sales calls you get by signing up for the National Do Not Call Registry. It’s free. Visit to register your number. You may also call 1-888-382-1222.

How Do I Find Out If the College I Select is Safe?

The DOE Campus Security Statistics Website is your direct link to reported criminal offenses for over 6000 colleges and universities in the United States. If you are thinking of attending college in a large urban city, a small liberal arts college, a specialized college, or a community college you can find their security statistics here. Click on the image below.

SafetyCops Say:
Whatever you need don't hesitate to call or visit the professionals, your local police department. If they don't have the answer I am certain they will find one and direct you to the proper authority. Police agencies have one common thread throughout the U.S. and elsewhere, and that is to serve and protect the community as part of their mission. The police need your help to address the problems facing your community as they are unique from one to another, but by forming a partnership you can make a difference.


Send mail to with questions or comments about this website. Copyright 2000 

    Hit Counter